Spend an evening at Caves Legrand
Take time to relax and enjoy the moment with a glass of wine
Step through the doors of Caves Legrand and immerse yourself in the history of gourmet Paris. You'll taste delicious wines in a beautiful setting with warm wood tones, polished brass and soft lighting. You will meet winegrowers and hear the history behind each of the varietals you sample.
Caves Legrand, a Paris institution has been family owned and operated for over 100 years. Five generations of wine merchants and grocers have made Legrand a truly remarkable location for lovers of wine and gastronomy.
At Caves Legrand the wines are the best and most original from every region of France. Legrand showcases wines from over 370 winemakers and there are over 3000 unique wines in the collection at any given time. A somolier will be at your disposal to assist you in choosing a wine that suits your palate perfectly.
Since 1880, Legrand has been a source of a unique selection of France's best gourmet products. At Legrand, one can purchase olive oil from Nyons, jams from Dutriez, foie gras from Alain Grezes and many other locally sourced products of impeccable quality.
On the last Thursday of every month, Cafe Legrand partners with local artists to create moments of pleasure and adventure. Musicians, comedians, singers and poets present their works as Legrand's patrons sip wines and enjoy the cozy and inviting atmosphere.
This afternoon, we head for late lunch and wine tasting at the LeGrand Filles & Fils.
To cross the threshold of Caves Legrand is to immerse yourself in the history of gourmet Paris.The cellar, the delicatessen, the tasting counter and the lounge, are spaces entirely dedicated to gastronomy and the art of living. They form the unique gourmet ensemble in Paris where we have the pleasure to welcome you.
Five generations of Legrand wine-sellers and grocers created an exceptional house, a delicious Parisian institution.
Today we treasure this spirit and share our passion for wine and its culture with wine lovers the world over.
2h France Grand Cru Wines tasting includes
- Convinum privatization
- A wine expert hosting your event in English
- Legrand Wine Selection
Wine : according to the stock availability
- Loire white wine, Domaine Dagueneau, Pouilly Fumé «Pur Sang» 2011
- Vallée du Rhône white wine, Domaine Gangloff, Condrieu 2012
- Burgundy red wine, Domaine Geantet Pansiot, Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru «Les Feusselottes» 2012
- Bordeaux red wine, Château Cantenac Brown, Margaux 2006
- Languedoc-Roussillon red wine, Domaine de Peyre Rose, Coteaux du Languedoc «Clos des Cistes» 2006
This wine tasting is paired with an appetizer plate of cooked meats and cheeses.
Example of the Lunch Menu you can choose from.
Regional specialties selection :
- Delicatessen: Cecina, dried beef from Maison Aitana, Terrine and Rillettes with Vouvray
from Maison Hardouin, Foie-gras from Maison Comptoir & Compagnie
- Fish : Smoked mackerel Maison Safa and King Sea food
- Vegetables: forest salad (potatoes, marinated mushrooms, Truffle oil) and green salad
- Cheese : selection of different types of cheese from Maison Marie Quatrehomme
- Bread : traditional baguette
- Desert : Fondant Baulois chocolate cake
Website : Caves Legrand
A glass of champagne
(Sample of menu with 5 dishes to choose from the following 6) :
To wait: Marinated Sea bream, beetroot
∝ Pan-fried duck foie gras, parsnip and prune
∝ Macaroni with black truffle, slightly gratinated
∝ Sections of roasted Sole, Salsify and condiment with Sorrel
∝ Volaille jaune en demi-deuil, vegetables of the season, Albufera sauce
∝ Contemporary Vacherin with pineapple and lime
∝ The crunchy chocolate nut of our creation in Paris
- Refined journeys with unique access to the best and brightest the city has to offer.
- Bespoke and flexible adventures tailored to your unique passions and designed to be shared with the one you love.
- Dedicated, unobtrusive, and discreet support for every step along the way.